Acidity or heartburn due to weakness of the joint between the stomach and esophagus is acid reflux or Reflux Laryngitis. It is common and happens due to a few careless decisions we make in our lifestyle.
Testing is necessary for patients with no relief from the above home remedies. The following tests will be helpful in that case:
- Oesophageal pH acid monitoring
- Oesophagram (X-Ray of the esophagus)
- Oesophageal Mobility Studies
There is a long list of home remedies in case of heartburn and acidity. Those remedies help rectify issues in this disease as well:
- Drinking water at early intervals
- Avoid spicy meals and heavy foods
- Do some fast walking or slow running
- Have fruits and salads with a lot of water content: Cucumber, zucchini, watermelon, etc.
- Avoid citrus fruits and vegetables: Tomatoes, Oranges, etc.
- Avoid Peppermints and Chocolates
- Avoid Alcohol and Caffeinated Beverages for a while
- Avoid Smoking and Start Exercising
- Lie down for a while at a 45 degrees angle with pillows under your neck
- OTC (Over the Counter): Available without Prescription
- Acid Blocking Drugs (H2-Blockers): Also available without prescription to block acid reflux
- Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs): Available for emptying the stomach rapidly
If everything fails, it is better to take therapy from doctors to recreate or strengthen the muscular valve. This therapy is called Fundoplication. Patients get relief and recover fast if they continue incorporating the above lifestyle changes.
Heartburn,Voice Disorder,GERD,LPR,Irritation,Burning Chest
Coughing,Bitter/Sour Taste,Excessive Throat Clearing,Hoarse Voice,Low Pitch,Lump in throat feeling